Admissions and Placement Guidelines for Early Childhood Center
Little Rays: students who are 3 years old or a young 4 year old, and fully potty trained.
Pre –K : students who are 4 years old or a young 5 year. Students should turn 4 by September 30th of the current school year.
Parents will set up a time after registration paperwork has been turned in for their child’s assessment. The child will spend 15-20 minutes in the classroom with the teacher and her aide. After assessments, your child will be placed in the class that best meets their needs and abilities. The determination of placement will be based on the following:
- Fine & gross motor skills
- Attention Span
- Level of cooperation with adults and peers
- Date of birth
- Capability of working independently on a given task
- Ability to follow directions
- Oral & written language skills (when appropriate)
- Age–appropriate academic skills
- Level of social skills
*Due to limited space in our preschool, priority will be given to Catholic families (first to SJA parishioners) and siblings*