St. John the Apostle Catholic School Mission Statement:
Rooted in the rich traditions of the Catholic Church, St. John the Apostle Catholic School provides a Christ – centered learning environment where students are challenged academically, supported spiritually, and encouraged to embody high ethical standards essential to moral development.
St. John the Apostle Catholic School Philosophy of Learning:
- We believe in providing a faith-filled foundation ensuring a strong Catholic identity in liturgy, scripture, prayer, sacraments, and service.
- We believe that students learn best in an environment that encourages them to become respectful, responsible, and reverent leaders in our Church and thoughtful contributors to our society.
- We believe that students have unique learning styles and each child should be challenged to excel.
- We believe that students learn best in an atmosphere that promotes self-discipline, self-motivation, integrity of actions, and mutual respect.
- We believe that students learn best when teachers implement 21st century skills which enhance student engagement and achievement.
- We believe that learning is a life-long achievement that leads students closer to realizing their full potential as intended by God.
- We believe that students should be encouraged to recognize the gifts of others and to focus on the needs of the underprivileged individuals in our local and global communities.