What is SJA Youth Ministry?
A ministry designed to:
1) Introduce teens to Jesus Christ and bring them closer to Him through the Sacraments.
2) Establish meaningful relationships between the teens, growing in fellowship and calling one another on to greater holiness.
3) Help teens develop leadership skills in order to evangelize to others and be the face of Christ in their community and the world.
Confirmation is a Sacrament of the Catholic Church in which we receive the Holy Spirit the same way the Disciples did at Pentecost. It is the Sacrament of the Church’s mission, which brings about the saving presence of Jesus Christ to the world. It is Sacred and requires preparation just like the other Sacraments.
Requirements: Must be in 10th grade and above OR at least 16 years of age as well as attending Mass and Reconciliation regularly.
To Sign up for SJAY events, please turn in an SJA Annual Liability waiver (if you have not done so) and the appropriate amount of $$ to reserve your space (all checks made out to SJA)
Check our Facebook Page for great events and fun to come! Group: SJAYouth
If you need anything or have any questions... email Mike Avery at MAvery@sjavb.org
Middle School Youth Group (MSYG)
ALL 6TH-8TH GRADERS WELCOME!
What is SJA’s Middle School Youth Group?
We have recognized the need and desire of the parents and middle school students to have a place where they can grow in their faith but also develop relationships with one another. Religious Education classes and the SJA School provide faith formation but the hunger to build friendships goes beyond sitting in a classroom together. Middle School Youth Group is a result of that need.
The Middle School Youth Group is designed to:
1) Introduce these young men and women to Jesus Christ;
2) Encourage and help everyone find their identity through their Catholic faith;
3) Establish meaningful relationships between the teens and create an uplifting environment.
Who is Middle School Youth Group For?
This ministry is for all Middle School students 6th – 8th grade, Catholic or not. All are welcome to come
meet Jesus and grow in friendship with one another!
Youth Group Meets: Fridays 6:30pm-7:30pm; Parish Activity Rooms
Youth Group is designed to be light, fun, engaging and inviting for those unsure about their faith and a place to grow closer with friends.
Middle School Youth Group does not take the place of SJA Faith Formation, we must still learn about our faith; this is an addition to fulfill the need for growing friendships.
THE SJA YOUTH GROUP TEAM:
Contacts: Mike Avery @ firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for volunteers to assist with this ministry.
If you have any questions or want more involvement with the ministry, please email us
Check our Facebook Page for great events and fun to come! Group: SJA Middle School Youth Group